Friday, May 6, 2011

Eating our top layer: Story of Year Old Cake




I think the tradition of eating your top layer is the most disgusting tradition ever! Our anniversary was on Easter Sunday. I took the cake out of the freezer that Monday to thaw it out.





Every night we'd take it out of the fridge and woosing out and putting it back in the fridge. Finally 3 or 4 days later we did it! We unwrapped the layer upon layer and bit into the most moist year old cake I've ever had (way to go Eddas Cakes!)... It was my husbands favorite, red velvet. Now I neither like cake, nor red velvet. 2 bites into it I wanted to vomit, and my husband started to get grossed out at the thought...by the end of splitting 1 slice we were on opposit end of the kitchen just trying to hold th cake down and me all itchy at the thougt of eating old cake...369 days old!... it is now May 6th and the cake is still sitting on the counter, only one slice missing.





What do I do with the rest? It feels disrespectful to the memory of my wedding to toss it...I think I'll keep it there til it turns to dust lol







I did it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment