Thursday, March 12, 2009

First Book Recommendation


{read cupcake's book now}
I read A LOT. Definitely more than the average bear. I try to get through a couple books a week. I am in my own personal book reading contest. I prefer non-fiction. Reading can change your life, your perspective, inspire you, make you laugh, make you cry, make you think. I read this book when I was in high school and have made it my mission to spread the word ever since.
'A piece of cake' by Cupcake Brown made me cringe. The same way you might driving by an accident, you don't want to look, you know you shouldn't but you can't help it, you are compelled to slow down the car and stare. I was compelled to plow through this book. I was that kid at dinner with their parents with a book hidden under the table, it was just THAT good. Just when I was about to give up, down to my very last chapters the book crescendoed into one of the most feel good endings of all time. Anyone that could pull themselves through death of a parent, childhood prostitution, drug addiction, gang banging, homelessness and what most would consider just some badly dealt cards of life and come out on top--SHINING; that's my kinda story. Did I mention it's all true? If you are thinking you have it bad, are too old, too poor, to whatever. STOP. Read this story and get on with your life. Your dreams are waiting for you...
P.S. If you have any books that will change my life or make me cry I am all ears...
Disclaimer...she went through ALOT the kind of stuff most people rather turn a blind eye too and act like they dont know it's happening so prepare to be shocked, and hopefully inspired.

1 comment:

  1. The black dress is from Jcrew!

    Its really comfortable and worth the money!

    ReplyDelete