Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Just when you thought all the complications were over


So remember that post where I mentioned wanting to die my crinoline and the great deal I got on my veil...yeah well...
I went to Joanne Fabric and brought the dye. Followed the directions and came out with crap. Literally. My crinoline now looks like seafoam green crap. Mind you, the packaging showed tropical green, but my crinoline is anything but tropical...and now it's all wrinkled too!! Thinking of just trashing it and getting another one :(
As for my veil...lord, lord, lord. I've had it for a nice amount of time. During this time I have it to my mom to add another layer to make it fuller. She originally wanted to make it for me and bought 2 colors of crinoline and I picked the whitest one but she had difficulty making it so I just bought one....well she added the layer like I asked. It looked awesome so I brought out the dress to see them together....ummmm yeah. My veil is bright white and my dress is not so much...They dont match! So we're back to square one. Mami bought more of the darker crinoline and is starting all over with the veil...and I feel so bad, it took her weeks with work and her personal things...but it didnt match!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry that you are having all this trouble...bless your heart :(. I think you should try dying the crinoline one more time, sometimes you have to do it twice to get the right color. Hope things work out for ya! {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog via the "next blog" random button, and I really enjoyed reading it. I am not getting married anytime soon, but it's definitely in my future. You have given me some very creative and cute ideas! I will continue to follow your blog and good luck in all your preparations!

    ReplyDelete