Saturday, June 20, 2009

Here we go again....

In my last wedding related post I was uber excited that we'd gotten a date and time for our ceremony. Well last night after talking to Mr. D's family we're having second thought. Our ceremony is to take place at 7:30, last about 45 minutes, pictures afterwards, then a cocktail hour, then food then dancing.... meaning the food wouldnt be until about 11pm.... which is super late and doesnt leave much time for dancing. His aunt is saying we either need to find another church that can do it earlier (ours only offers 4:30 or 7:30 because they have confession and mass in between and 4:30 was already taken) or X the church.... find a priest that'll do it at the venue and save the $900 they're charging us. Also, when we were there no one could tell us how much the music would cost (not included in that $900), so I emailed the music director to find out it's another $300...so now we're up to $1200....

Mr. D is almost all but convinced that we should just have the ceremony at the venue. My only concern is that "walking down the aisle" feel. Am I willing to give that up? Other than saying "I do" that walk is HUGE! Walking through those doors up the aisle to the alter, standing before God.... I just dont know. I hate how I make a decision and then people have advice! Why didnt they mention all of that before we drove 4 hours to Miami and gave a 50% deposit!? Now his dad is going to talk to a priest they know, and we'll go fro there. But what do you think I should do??

No comments:

Post a Comment